There’s been a lot of interesting news out in the technology world lately and we want to share some of it with you.
Most of you don’t have time to surf the net each day and read all the technology blogs and articles out there. So it’s our job at Enstep Technology Solutions to break it down for you and to keep you informed on the latest and greatest.
- Good news for parents – Google announced they are working on kid-friendly versions of some of their services. Google will make them safe for children 12 and younger and give their parents the tools they need to supervise their kids’ actions while online.
- PlayStation is all grown up now! Happy 20th birthday to PlayStation! They announced that a limited edition 20th Anniversary PlayStation 4 will be released in the near future. The console will be that ugly gray, like the original PlayStation that was released on December 3, 1994 in Japan.
- NASA announced that their new Orion spacecraft is scheduled to lift off on an uncrewed test flight at 7:05 am on Thursday from Space Launch Complex 37 at Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- Good news for Apple – over the last few years they saw their smartphone sales slip, but they are now on track for a record quarter. iPhone 6 sales have bumped up their market share vs. androids.
- Here’s some funny news – PSY’s Gangnam Style has been viewed so many times that it broke YouTube! Well, it broke their view counter, making it the very first video to break the reaches of a 32-bit integer.
- Are you hungry? Amazon launched their new Takeout & Delivery feature last weekend, which will compete with Seamless, Grubhub, and DeliveryHero.
- Twitter users out there, here’s some good news for you – yesterday Twitter (for iOS and Android) replaced its awkward photo filter grid with a much simpler Instagram-like row of adjustable filters. You can now easily tap through a row of filters to choose the best one.
- For those of you posting that new privacy notice on Facebook with the hopes of scaring off hackers from leaking your pics and posts, we’re very sorry but that notice is a hoax. Why? People can’t just change the privacy terms they signed when they joined Facebook, or pick and choose what new terms they’ll abide by, according to CNET.com.
- Google released the Android 5.0.1 update. It fixes a bug that could reset your Android device if it detects too many accidental or incorrect attempts to unlock the lock screen.
We like to keep our clients and the community up-to-date on what’s going on in the technology world – from funny news to cool announcements to important news for parents.
Enstep Technology Solutions provides all the IT services your company will need. We offer Business Information, Construction, and Custom Services. Give us a call at 281-901-0091 or contact us today and let us help you with your business computing needs.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years from Enstep Technology Solutions!