Support. Security. Expertise. Information Technology (IT) is a necessary support function for any business. Too often nonprofits overlook IT or attempt to handle the workload themselves. This is usually due to the high cost of developing and maintaining an IT department.
Benefits of Outsourcing IT
Nonprofits that invest in outsourced IT services can achieve notable benefits that help them operate more efficiently and without having to invest in a full-fledged IT department. Nonprofits are not exempt from implementing secure IT practices, in fact, they’re often held to a higher standard. Click To Tweet
Here are some reasons why IT outsourcing works for nonprofits:
- Savings are significant, with some estimates as high as 40%.
- No need to purchase expensive computer hardware or dedicated on-site data center.
- Skip the expenses of hiring internal IT employees.
- Greatly reduce downtime from IT problems or issues you may lack the expertise to fix.
Focus on Your Mission
- IT is a support function, not your main goal. Building and supporting your own data center isn’t a good use of time.
- Allows you to focus on your core mission, building your donor and volunteer base and handling all other aspects of nonprofit work.
- 24/7 support and service to go beyond what you or your staff or volunteers could provide.
- Ensures that data is appropriately protected, with firewalls and remote monitoring software.
- Maintains the security certification needed to protect payment data and sensitive donor information.
- Backup and continuity procedures reduce the risk of lost data if there is a device failure or breach.
Facilitating Your Purpose
Working for a nonprofit demands a lot on a limited budget. Even with passion in your purpose, having outside support is crucial. It allows you to focus on your mission and gives potential supporters confidence in the credibility of your organization.
Contact Us for more information about outsourcing your nonprofit’s IT.